Saturday, August 2

We're here...

That's right, we've arrived in Florida. We arrived on August 1st at about 2 o'clock. We are staying at the Riverdale Inn for the next few days. We heard from our movers that our furniture is supposed to arrive on Monday.

The trip was SO uneventful it was great. There was only one incident. Chris realized on Tuesday night that he had forgotten to give his car keys to the team moving his car, so he had to drive back to Burlington on Tuesday night from Chelsea. That was the worse thing that happened, and that was minor in the grand scheme of things.

We drove through or around some major cities, including Baltimore, DC, Charleston, Richmond and New York City. We only hit stop and go traffic twice - both times in the middle of NOWHERE due to construction. Once in South Carolina and one in Virginia.

I was able to take pictures of all but one "Welcome to XXXXX" signs. I missed New York of all things. I wasn't paying attention as we entered Whitehall, but I got pictures of the "Entering Whitehall" sign, so that will have to do. I have loads of other pictures, but I can't load them until I get our computer up and running, so they should be ready next weekend.

Sophie and Simon were both troopers. Sophie spent a lot of the trip on my lap, she was much calmer there than in her carrier, so in the interest of keeping her calm that's what we went with. Sophie had no trouble getting comfortable at the hotel in Baltimore and Charleston, but here she's barely left the space under the bed. She'll come out eventually, but I think she's protesting - can't say I blame her.

Later days.

No comments: