Friday, March 18

Spring is coming!

Okay, so the calendar claims that Sunday is the first day of spring, we shall see. To be fair, however, the temperatures have climbed a lot recently. It was in the high 30s yesterday and I heard that it is supposed to be in the 40s this weekend. This is just in time for the sugaring season to start. Speaking of sugaring...I am on a private mission to get Chris to have some "sugar on snow." Can you believe he's never had it? This weekend is the Vermont Maple Sugar Open House and many sugarhouses offer sugar on snow and other maple goodies, unfortunately none of the sugarhouses are near us.

Back to the weather for a minute, it was warm enough and light enough when I got home from work last night to take my first Spring run. It was great! The cold air was a little rough on the asthmatic lungs and I'm still a little bit froggy, but it was worth it.

Guess that's it for now...catch you later.

No comments: