Thursday, June 30

Proposal Made to Seize Souter's Property

I don't know how man of you actually follow the Supreme Court or read up on the decisions that they reach, but this on is just too funny.

The court, in its infinite wisdom, decided that it was okay for municipalities to seize private property if the seizing would benefit the economics of the community. David Souter voted with the majority in this decision. Read the article to find out what happened next.

This decision got me thinking though, wouldn't the seizing of that horrid house down the hill from my parents benefit the community. We could tear it down and create a park or a nature preserve, anything would be better than what is there now!

In an update from yesterday...I investigated the tree that Chris claimed was struck by lightning, but I highly doubt it was. Firstly, it's still standing and in mostly one piece. It does have a black scar on in and it has a minor split, but I want to say that those were there before the storm. We still do not have telephone service. Chris has been having fun yelling at Verizon and is planning to report their lack of service to the Public Service Board. By law they are required to have someone out to the house to fix the problem within 24 hours. Verizon actually told Chris that this was a "guideline" and the worst that could happen would be they would get fined. Oh, is that all! They are supposed to be out this morning to fix the line. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I won't hold my breath.

On a related note...the cable company did come within 24 hours to fix our cable problem. The technician who opened up the routing box on the house was shocked to see all of the lines fried and black (apparently they are supposed to be silver). He said that something definitely hit something somewhere and was surprised that there wasn't more damage.

It is finally cooling off, and I'm off of work tomorrow. Hurray for the four day weekend! Have a happy fourth!

Later Days.

No comments: