Monday, August 8

We have actual news!

The best new piece of news belongs to Chris. He has been hired, part-time as a reporter for WTWK 1070 AM. You can check him out at www.wtwk1070.com. His first official broadcast is Wednesday. I can't help but hear "Video killed the radio star" going around and around in my head. We are all very excited about this, both because it is an amazing opportunity that landed in his lap and because it will be some extra money that we can sock away for future (ho)use.

The other piece of news is mine. Frank has found me a car. It is a 2004 Ford Focus. It is cranberry red and has 7,000 miles on it. It will be the youngest car I have ever owned. To say that I am excited is the biggest understatement of the decade! I was even more excited when I found out it was rated a best pick by Consumer Reports for 2004 AND 2005. I'll post some pictures of my new baby when I pick her up, but in the meantime if you can come up with a name, I'm open for suggestions!

I was very saddened to learn of the death of Peter Jennings. It sounds silly, but I feel like my parents must have when Walter Kronkite died. Peter Jennings was always my go to news guy and it is odd to not have him around anymore. Dan Rather got me through the Challenger Explosion, but Peter Jennings got me through the fall of the Berlin Wall and the attacks of September 11. Good Morning America pointed out this morning that one leg of the Rather/Jennings/Brokaw triangle is gone. It's odd since the three of them all went off the air in the same year.

Later Days!

No comments: