Friday, July 29

Spiders and ministers

Where have you been?! You've been gone for ages!

Hey, don't yell at me! This is what happens when there really isn't anything all that exciting going on in your life. But, I'm back now.

This morning on my way to work I saw the most amazing thing. The sun was shining off the dew on spider webs. The cool part was that the spider webs were on the power lines, in between the wires. It was beautiful!

On a similarly inspiring, but less beautiful note, the church is moving forward to issuing calls to two interim pastors. As it turns out they are a married couple, and they are both simply amazing. The church is really blessed to have found them, I think they will be able to do a lot of good while they are at the church.

Hannah saw the shuttle launch on Tuesday. I was watching on NASA TV online, but missed the actual launch because I was in a meeting. She is going to be sending pictures soon. She said it was really cool and really loud. I am really jealous that she got to watch a shuttle launch! I've been watching/listening to NASA TV all week, and it's been fascinating to hear what is going on. I even got to see live video feed of the two crews (STS 114 and ISS Expedition 11) meeting each other. I've also been watching live feed of the inspection of the heat sheild.

I spoke to Mom last night, a tree fell in the backyard (and yes they heard it). Apparently one of the pine trees in the backyard, one of the ones holding the hammock, randomly fell down. Mom said there was nothing visible wrong with it, it just randomly fell down. Mom said it sounded like something fell in the kitchen. I would expect that a tree falling would make a large noise, but apparently not. The tree just barely missed the riding lawn mower, by inches. It took a few branches off the other pine trees, but over all didn't do that much damage.

There isn't anything really interesting happening this weekend. There is a VT Chapter FPC Alumni event at the Expos game on Saturday, but other than that I think we will be enjoying another calm and peaceful weekend.

Later Days

No comments: