Sunday, January 27

What to do when...

you have the whole house to yourself for the weekend.

Chris is in DC this weekend doing some basketball games for someone. There were supposed to be two, but today's got cancelled, so he's out on the town in DC. He's called twice to give me updates on his location "I'm at the Washington Monument...I'm at the Air and Space Museum..." anyway...

I've spent my day cleaning of my dresser, cleaning my jewelry (which I never wear, but what ever), right now I'm doing laundry and running the dishwasher. I've been knitting and watching Heath Ledger movies.

Brokeback Mountain is at least a three Kleenex movie anyway, but watching in the aftermath of Heath's death just made it that much worse.

I'm not sure how it is that I'm am so struck by the loss of someone I don't even know, but I am. It's just so sad that someone who has essentially lived outside the tabloid media heck that is celebrity should die so suddenly. If someone had told me that Britney had OD'd or that Lindsey had been killed in a DUI I wouldn't feel so shocked. I mean, let's be serious here - does anyone expect those hard partying girls to live past 30?

I had big plans to start taking some pictures of my knitting, but I really need to get a larger SD card for my camera - 16MB just doesn't cut it.

No comments: