Tuesday, July 12

Cindy and Dennis

While Dennis was pounding the Caribbean, Cindy was dumping the last of her rain on New England.

The Chelsea Flea Market was this past Saturday, but due to leftovers of Cindy, we chose not to go. It poured all day long and was generally miserable, so there really was no point in going to Chelsea as most of the vendors were likely packed up. I was disappointed, but it allowed us to get more things done around the house.

Sunday was the our Associate Pastor's last sermon. It was a sad yet happy occasion and Tim gave a very nice sermon about preparing for a journey. We had a little reception for him after church with cake and punch. The search committee is interviewing a possible replacement for him next week. The person seems quite nice and I'm sure will be a good fit for the church.

The Expos game was rained out on Saturday (shocking, right?) so they played a double header on Sunday. It was supposed to be two 7 inning games that turned into an eleven inning game and a seven inning game. The Expos were winning game one, until some sloppy pitching scored four runs. In the bottom on the eleven inning D Brown hit a walkoff homerun to end the game, and then 20 minutes later they did it all over again. The second game was won considerably more convincingly 3-0 in seven innings. The reported attendance for the game was 3,100, but I think only 500 were left for the end of it!

I have officially started going back to the gym and already feel better for it. I haven't started lifting again yet, but will probably start that tonight. The main reason I hadn't was that I had misplaced my lifting gloves, but I found them last night on the bedroom floor. I know, good place for them right?

It was so nice out last night that I went out and laid in the hammock reading my book for an hour or so, very relaxing. It was nice until the bugs came out, but that wasn't until almost nine o'clock. I am reading Patricia Cornwell's Blow Fly, a Kay Scarpetta novel I got from the library. So far it is okay. I have found with her book recently that she develops a pretty good story, but ties things up too quickly in the end. This one is just taking much too long to develop into anything interesting. I'm halfway through the book and only one person has died so far and Dr. Scarpetta doesn't know anything about it yet. It's odd. I was going to work more on my knitting project, but when it is hot like this, it just isn't comfortable to be holding an afghan in you lap while you knit it. Those kinds of projects are best reserved for winter.

I am growing trees in a pot on the deck. Trees, in a pot? You say??? Well, some maple seeds fell into my spider plants, and rather than toss them I decided to pot them. I never expected them to actually grow, but they did and with a vengence. I'm going to look into bonsaiing at least one of them. I may transplate the others into the back yard and post around them so they do not get mowed over. Everytime I go look at the trees they have grown at least an additional inch. I regret not taking a picture of them everyday, I could have had one heck of a flip book!

Well, I've killed an hour writing this one today and not even a single news article to be had. I don't have any news articles to share, but will point out that the new Harry Potter book comes out on Saturday! I have to wait and read it either from the library or from Kate, since I don't want to buy the hardback.

Later Days!

No comments: