Thursday, September 29

Pain and suffering

Chris went in to the doctor for his permanence evaluation for his wrist injury yesterday. No word yet on how that went, though considering that is his now MUCH more likely to develop Carpal Tunnel, we are hoping that we get something out of it. Speaking of injuries, I am fending off another attack of tendonitis in my right arm. That has put a serious curb on knitting and weight lifting - two things I am NOT happy about giving up!

No new news on Dad. There likely won't be any news, as this is just a new reality. It's not actively life threatening, which is a positive, but it isn't going to get any better either.

I took yesterday off to decompress, which felt really nice. It was such a gorgeous day that I took a walk to the library. I picked up the new Johnny Damon book for Chris and a Baseball Card value book. I'm hoping he'll start working on thinning them out just a bit. I suggested keeping the ones worth keeping (read worth more than $1) and getting rid of the rest of them. I wouldn't mind having the worthwhile ones around, but all of them...no way!

It is a VERY blustery day here today. Thank goodness for battery backup alarm clocks as the power was out when I woke up this morning. Ever showered in the dark, worried that the water pressure and the hot water would give out? No? Well, try it sometime...it's a blast! The power came back on about 10 minutes after I got out of the shower.

Later Days.

No comments: